What are three major tourist attractions in Guatemala?
12 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Guatemala
- Mayan Ruins of Tikal. Mayan Ruins of Tikal. …
- Antigua Guatemala. Antigua Guatemala | Photo Copyright: Lana Law. …
- Lake Atitlán (Lago de Atitlán) …
- Chichicastenango Market. …
- Quetzaltenango. …
- Monterrico and the Biotopo Monterrico-Hawaii (Nature Reserve) …
- Pacaya Volcano, Antigua. …
- Semuc Champey.
4 мая 2020 г.
What is the most visited place in Guatemala?
What are popular ecotourism activities in Guatemala?
Popular ecotourism sites include Cerro Cahuí Nature Reserve, with 1,600 acres of jungle hosting howler monkeys and ocellated turkeys, and the Tortuguerio Monterrico Wildlife Reserve, where visitors get up close with giant sea turtles, tortoises, iguanas and alligators.
Where should I go in Guatemala for a week?
In One Week in Guatemala
- Day 1: Antigua.
- Day 2: The Colonial Core.
- Day 3: Lake Atitlán.
- Day 4: Around the Lake.
- Day 5: Chichicastenango.
- Note: Chichicastenango’s market is only open on Thursday and Sunday. Feel free to swap this day of the itinerary with any of the other 2 days around Lake Atitlán to match the market day schedule.
- Days 6 & 7: Tikal.
What is Guatemala most famous for?
Guatemala is best known for its volcanic landscape, fascinating Mayan culture and the colorful colonial city of Antigua, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. But this small Central American country has a wealth of homegrown produce and talent.
What is the best time of year to visit Guatemala?
In general, the best time of year to visit weather-wise is in December and January, when everything is still green from the rains, but the sky is clear. If you want to avoid the crowds, I recommend traveling during “shoulder” periods, near the end or beginning of the rainy season, when the weather is still pretty good.
What is the safest zone in Guatemala City?
Zona 10 is also known as the “Zona Viva” because of its abundance of hotels, restaurants, and bars. The streets in Zona 10 are relatively safe, and the area has a hopping nightlife.
Is Guatemala dangerous for tourists?
Avoid areas outside of major roads and highways in the Guatemala Department and listed zones in Guatemala City. Visit our website for Travel to High-Risk Areas. Violent crime, such as armed robbery and murder, is common. Gang activity, such as extortion, violent street crime, and narcotics trafficking, is widespread.
How many days do you need in Guatemala?
Day by Day Itinerary: Best of Guatemala in 7 Days. Depending on your time of arrival, you can either take it easy and soak up the atmosphere in Guatemala City or you can begin your tour of its famous attractions. After your arrival at La Aurora International Airport (GUA), check into your preferred hotel/guest house.20 мая 2020 г.
What can I bring back from Guatemala?
The Top 7 Souvenirs to Bring Back From Guatemala
- Ron Zacapa. A great present for the rum-lovers in your life, or a wonderful souvenir for yourself, is a bottle of Guatemala’s most famous rum. …
- Quetzalteca. Less complex than Ron Zacapa, and a whole lot cheaper, is the traditional aguardiente called Quetzalteca. …
- Guatemalan coffee. …
- Jade jewelry. …
- Table runner. …
- Pottery. …
How far is Guatemala City from Antigua Guatemala?