Is there a Bank of America in Guatemala?
Bank Of America – Guatemala Appraisal Branch (Frgn)
Guatemala Appraisal Branch (Frgn) is a branch office of Bank Of America. They provide the following services: Full Service Office Location and are located at Avenida De La Reforma 7-10 in Guatemala City .
Can a US citizen open a bank account in Guatemala?
Opening a bank account in Guatemala is possible for foreigners IF you have a Guatemalan national to vouch for you. … You will need your passport, an electric or other utility bill from the place you live (it does not have to be in your name) and a local person to go with you to the bank and give you a personal reference.
What banks are in Guatemala?
Banks in Guatemala
- Agromercantil. Tel: (+502) 233-86565. //www.agromercantil.com.gt.
- Azteca Bank. Tel: (+502) 222-92222. …
- Bank of Antigua. Tel: (+502) 242-05555. …
- BAC Bank. Tel: (+502) 236-10909. …
- Citi Bank. Tel: (+502) 233-68001. …
- Credito Hipotecario Bank. Tel: (+502) 222-30333. …
- De Credito Bank. Tel: (+502) 238-44900. …
- Bantrab Bank. Tel: (+502) 236-33423.
How do I open a bank account in Guatemala?
According to the banks I spoke to, the following are required if you’re to open a bank account in Guatemala:
- Proof of residence (usually in the form of electricity or water bill)
- The minimum amount of cash required to open the account (it varied from $15 – $150, roughly)
Can you use US money in Guatemala?
The US dollar is widely accepted in Guatemala, but it is still recommended to have Guatemalan quetzals on hand at all times. It can be difficult to break larger bills (like Q100) in smaller towns and at local restaurants—for this reason it is always a good idea to keep some smaller bills in your wallet.
What banks are affiliated with Bank of America?
Find International ATM Partners
- Barclays United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Jersey, Guernsey and the Channel Islands)
- BNP Paribas (France)
- BNL D’Italia (Italy)
- Deutsche Bank (Germany and Spain)
- UkrSibbank (Ukraine)
- TEB (Turkey)
How long can a US citizen stay in Guatemala?
for 90 days
How much do I need to retire in Guatemala?
All in all, a couple can live comfortably in Guatemala for anywhere between $1,200 and $1,500 a month, and this will include housing, food, entertainment, transportation, utilities and even maid, handyman or gardening services if you so choose.