How do you get from Antigua to Semuc Champey?
The cheap way to get Antigua to Semuc Champey (like a local)
- Head to the bus terminal by the market and take a chicken bus to Guatemala City.
- Note: These are not easy changes, you will have to ask the locals for help finding the next bus you need and you may need to walk a few blocks to find the stop.
How do I get from Antigua to Lake Atitlan?
How to Get from Antigua to Lake Atitlan
- By Private Transfer. Duration: 2+ hours (traffic dependent)
- By Private Tour. Duration: full day (or longer)
- By Private Taxi or Rideshare. Duration: 2+ hours (traffic dependent)
- By Helicopter. Duration: <25 minutes (or half/full-day tour)
- By Rental Car.
- By Shared Shuttle.
- By Chicken Bus.
How do I get from Lake Atitlan to semuc Champey?
How to Get from Lake Atitlan to Semuc Champey
- By Private Transfer. Duration: 10+ hrs. Wherever you are staying on Lake Atitlán, the easiest way to get out to Semuc Champey is to take a private transfer.
- By Shared Shuttle. Duration: 10.5+ hrs.
- By Rental Car. Duration: 10+ hrs.
How do you get from semuc Champey to Flores?
You can get to Semuc Champey from Flores either by private shuttle or the legendary ‘chicken bus‘ (there are no chickens on board – but riding one is akin to being stuffed inside a cage with a hundred other chickens).
How far is semuc Champey from Antigua?
The distance between Semuc Champey and Antigua Guatemala is 137 km. The road distance is 321.6 km.
Is semuc Champey open?
Semuc Champey will open at a limited capacity of 60 people per day. Visitors will need to book their trip in advance by phone.
Is it safe in Antigua Guatemala?
Antigua Guatemala is known to be a ‘pretty safe‘ city within the Latin American backpacker trail, and while this is true, that doesn’t mean crime doesn’t occur. Muggings and pickpocketing happen more frequently than you might think, but if you keep your wits about you there’s no reason to feel wary.
Can you swim in Lake Atitlan?
The Rules: Swimming in Lake Atitlan
There are no “rules” for swimming in Lake Atitlan – except don’t swim around the boat traffic, because you will piss the boat drivers off if they hit you. You are more than welcome to swim anywhere but do be aware of bacterial issues that Lake Atitlan faces.
Is Lake Atitlan safe?
Hopefully with these tips, you can travel around the lake and feel more safe. I have to reiterate that Atitlan is the safest place that I’ve ever traveled to. However, especially when traveling alone, it’s always best to be cautious and aware. Now go jump on a pick-up truck and enjoy your time at the lake!
What is there to do in lanquin?
Top Attractions in Lanquin
- Semuc Champey. 1,216.
- Lanquin Caves. 256.
- Grutas Las Marias. 114.
- Lanquin Outdoors. Bike Tours • Hiking & Camping Tours.
- Utopia Cacao Farms. Factory Tours.
- Aventura Grande. Other Outdoor Activities.
- Lanquin Chocolate. Lessons & Workshops.
- Aventuras turisticas. Hop-On Hop-Off Tours • Taxis & Shuttles.
How do I get to Semuc Champey?
From Lanquin. If you are up to it you, you can take a 2 ½ hour walk through the lush green and very scenic walk to Semuc Champey which is fairly easy to do or you can take a 4X4 pickup truck (local taxi) from town to Semuc for about Q25 (~ 30 mins).
How far is Coban from Guatemala City?
The distance between Guatemala City and Cobán is 94 km.