How do I get from Antigua to Lake Atitlan?
How to Get from Antigua to Lake Atitlan
- By Private Transfer. Duration: 2+ hours (traffic dependent)
- By Private Tour. Duration: full day (or longer)
- By Private Taxi or Rideshare. Duration: 2+ hours (traffic dependent)
- By Helicopter. Duration: <25 minutes (or half/full-day tour)
- By Rental Car.
- By Shared Shuttle.
- By Chicken Bus.
How far is Tikal from Antigua?
The distance between Antigua Guatemala and Tikal is 319 km. The road distance is 567.3 km.
How do you get from semuc Champey to Flores?
You can get to Semuc Champey from Flores either by private shuttle or the legendary ‘chicken bus‘ (there are no chickens on board – but riding one is akin to being stuffed inside a cage with a hundred other chickens).
How do I get from Lake Atitlan to semuc Champey?
How to Get from Lake Atitlan to Semuc Champey
- By Private Transfer. Duration: 10+ hrs. Wherever you are staying on Lake Atitlán, the easiest way to get out to Semuc Champey is to take a private transfer.
- By Shared Shuttle. Duration: 10.5+ hrs.
- By Rental Car. Duration: 10+ hrs.
Is it safe in Antigua Guatemala?
Antigua Guatemala is known to be a ‘pretty safe‘ city within the Latin American backpacker trail, and while this is true, that doesn’t mean crime doesn’t occur. Muggings and pickpocketing happen more frequently than you might think, but if you keep your wits about you there’s no reason to feel wary.
Can you swim in Lake Atitlan?
The Rules: Swimming in Lake Atitlan
There are no “rules” for swimming in Lake Atitlan – except don’t swim around the boat traffic, because you will piss the boat drivers off if they hit you. You are more than welcome to swim anywhere but do be aware of bacterial issues that Lake Atitlan faces.
How do you get from Antigua to Tikal?
The normal way to get from Antigua to Tikal – Take an overnight bus from Guatemala City
- First, buy a shuttle from Antigua Guatemala to Guatemala city, buy the latest one that departs at 7pm. This will drop you off at the central bus station.
- Then in a separate transaction, you will need to buy your night bus ticket.
How much does it cost to go to Tikal Guatemala?
Tikal National Park is open daily for visits from 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Adult tickets for foreigners cost 150 GTQ (about $20 USD). Children under 12 can enter Tikal free of charge. Visiting Uaxactun costs an additional 50 GTQ.
How far is Guatemala from Antigua?
The distance between the 500-year-old colonial city of Antigua and Guatemala City is 25 miles (41 km), but the curved roads and frequent traffic can make the journey between them much longer than the hour that’s projected.
How do I get to Semuc Champey?
From Lanquin. If you are up to it you, you can take a 2 ½ hour walk through the lush green and very scenic walk to Semuc Champey which is fairly easy to do or you can take a 4X4 pickup truck (local taxi) from town to Semuc for about Q25 (~ 30 mins).
What is there to do in lanquin?
Top Attractions in Lanquin
- Semuc Champey. 1,216.
- Lanquin Caves. 256.
- Grutas Las Marias. 114.
- Lanquin Outdoors. Bike Tours • Hiking & Camping Tours.
- Utopia Cacao Farms. Factory Tours.
- Aventura Grande. Other Outdoor Activities.
- Lanquin Chocolate. Lessons & Workshops.
- Aventuras turisticas. Hop-On Hop-Off Tours • Taxis & Shuttles.
Is semuc Champey open?
Semuc Champey will open at a limited capacity of 60 people per day. Visitors will need to book their trip in advance by phone.
How far is Coban from Guatemala City?
The distance between Guatemala City and Cobán is 94 km.